Panel Discussion “Science Meets Oktoberfest”
September 18, 2019
The panel discussion “Science Meets Oktoberfest” will feature alumni of German universities and universities of applied sciences. The following speakers will present their various career paths, highlight the relevance of their studies and research in Germany, and discuss the role Germany plays for them today:
- Ralf Bundschuh, PhD, Professor of Physics, Chemistry & Biochemistry, and Hematology, Ohio State University
- Heike Haddenbrock, Dipl.-Übersetzerin, Principal, German Language School Cleveland, Board Member, German Language School Conference
- Safiya Khurshid, PhD, Postdoctoral Fellow, Nationwide Children’s Hospital of Columbus, OH
- Nathanial Long, Graduate Student, Master of Public Administration, John Glenn College of Public Affairs, Ohio State University
- Jacob Naduparambil, PhD, German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) Research Ambassador, Professor, Dept. of Radiation Oncology
- Mark. E. Peeples, PhD, Principal Investigator, Center for Vaccines and Immunity, Research Institute, Nationwide Children’s Hospital, Professor of Pediatrics and Molecular & Cellular Biochemistry, Ohio State University
The lecture is part of the Deutschland Ambassadors Initiative, which brings together alumni and friends of various German universities for a series of talks and networking events in the United States. This event is organized by German university liaison offices in New York to more effectively build partnerships with North American institutions of higher education and connect with American students and scholars.
Germany’s Deputy Consul General in Chicago, Dr. Andreas Götze (tbc), will deliver welcoming remarks before the panel, and a networking reception with beer, bratwurst, and stand-up comedy by German comedian Vince Ebert will follow.
Camp Fahrenheit 516 Brings German and American Junior Firefighters Together
This summer, a group of enterprising young Germans and Americans participated in a different kind of cultural exchange called Camp Fahrenheit 516. The camp, hosted by the Nassau County Junior Firefighters Association, brought together Junior Firefighters from Nassau County, New York and Haverlah, Germany for a week of intense training.Read More
Fulbright On the Road! and the Building Bridges Conference
What do Americans think about Germany today? What makes Americans tick? And how can people on both sides of the Atlantic get to know each other better? Seventeen German and American Fulbright grantees and alumni will answer these and more as a part of "Fulbright On the Road!," a road trip across the USA from May 11 to 17, 2019.Read More